At First Security State Bank we pride ourselves in going the extra mile for our customers. Each and every day we are fortunate enough to work with the most amazing people, our customers! We challenge you today to take the extra step with us, and see how you can help one another, together.
There are so many small and valuable things we can do to impact the life of someone else. While some kind acts are financially bound, others can be simple tasks, such as opening a door. Here are 11 simple acts of kindness that you can do to brighten the day of a stranger, courtesy of First Security State Bank.
- Pay for the person’s food or beverage behind you in line.
- Write a letter to a soldier.
- Donate new and used toys to daycares or children’s hospitals.
- Cook a meal for a family who may be without.
- Give a good server the largest tip you can afford.
- Scoop snow or do other yard work for your neighbor.
- Pick up trash at an area park.
- Offer assistance to a charitable organization with your time and skills.
- Bake treats for your area school’s teachers.
- Visit a nursing home and spend time with the residents.
- During hunting season donate your deer to the Iowa HUSH program to feed Iowa citizens in need.
In addition to being kinder in 2016 you may find yourself becoming happier as well! With so many opportunities to make a difference, this list will help you get started! Add your own acts of kindness and see what you can do to better the lives of others this year.
If you’d like to contribute to others in a financial avenue let us know, we’d love to help! We can assist you in remaining anonymous in donations, arrange monthly transfers, dispense cash for personal giving, and more!